Wednesday 17 April 2013

LumiNail.


After a good month of waiting since purchasing this kit on OzSale, it finally arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to use it. As you can see above I got extra nail polishes than the three that come in the starter kit. The Starter kit usually retails for about $99AUD and each extra nail polish is $19AUD. I got the Starter Kit for about $50AUD and then the nail polishes came in sets of three for $12AUD so ofcourse - as a nail polish addict, I got all of them. 




Above is a picture of everything that comes in the Starter kit - but basically it comes with a small portable lamp, three nail polish colours, a base and a top coat. You also get a "Three in 1 Cleanser" and a "Remover", some instructions, nail files and a instructional DVD.

First impression when opening the box was that the UV Lamp was really small, much smaller than I imagined - and it does need batteries but doesn't come with them. I didn't have any batteries so I couldn't use the lamp, but I had already brought a UV Lamp off eBay a little while ago so was mostly guessing with the time I had to set each nail. While waiting for it to arrive I did look up a couple of other reviews just so I could see what I was getting and a lot of people said one thing they didn't like was the time it took, as you need to set each coat for a couple of minutes. I didn't have this problem so much because I was using a bigger lamp, so they weren't in for as long of a period and my thumb fits in with my other fingers, but in saying that if you were to go to a salon they usually take 20 - 30 minutes too so I guess it isn't too bad really.


I used the light purple which I really like, the first time using its a bit hard to get used to because you have to be really particular not to get it on your skin as it will burn - which I did too my pinky a little bit. So for a first time I think they are pretty good, they are nice and shiny, I don't think they feel as hard as they usually do when I get them done but that might just mean next time I will need to cure them longer.

I am definitely going to post some more NOTD's with these colours, and I will do a post later on letting you know how long they lasted without chipping as it does say they should last up to 14 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment